Tandem is the leading global language learning community. Our mission is to empower everyone, everywhere to master any language.
The Tandem app has been named one of Google Play’s “Best Apps of 2017” and Apple’s “Best Apps of 2015.” It has been downloaded more than 7 million times, with members in over 180 countries. As Senior iOS Developer, you will play a crucial role in taking Tandem’s app to the next level.
We are a highly international and very experienced team, based in Berlin and backed by top European investors.
Your role will be to…
- Work as part of an agile, cross-functional team of designers and engineers to develop and maintain the Tandem iOS app.
- Drive conceptual and architectural decisions.
- Develop a technologically ambitious, high quality, high-performance app with the stunning user experience.
- Implement complex, challenging features such as video calling and rich messaging.
- Help to continuously improve our mobile client engineering practices.
You are the right fit for the role if:
- You have expert knowledge of both Swift and Objective-C (and how they interact with each other) and you have worked on impressive professional projects.
- You can create user interfaces with code as well as with Interface Builder.
- You have 2+ years of experience with Keychain, CoreData, Real-time messaging systems.
- You have experience with multilingual applications and iOS extensions.
- You are very familiar with CocoaPods, Fastlane and CI/CD.
- You love to solve interesting, complex problems and have the ability to work on problems until they are solved.
- You identify with our mission and are passionate about language learning.
- You take initiative and are able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a communicative team player with excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Join a friendly, highly experienced and exceptionally talented international team.
- The chance to make a real difference for a passionate global community of learners.
- Competitive remuneration.
- An inspiring office at Rosenthaler Platz in one of Berlin’s startup hotspots.
- German lessons in the office and free access to our language tutors on Tandem.
- Free choice of your IT setup.
- A great company culture with team lunches, excursions, drinks, great coffee, office snacks, board games etc.
- You’ll probably learn how to say “Hi” in 20 more languages.
If this sounds like the right next step, we’d love to hear from you! Please send an email with your CV / resumé, salary expectations and a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for the role to email@example.com.