Tandem is the mobile community for learning languages. We believe that speaking a language from day one is the fastest way to become fluent. Our vision is a world where people are empowered to teach each other any language.
Tandem has experienced high growth since its launch in 2015, with over 2m global downloads and 60,000 active users daily. Our achievements include being recognized by Apple as the “Most Innovative iPad App of 2015” and as the only German app on the international list of the “Best Apps of 2015”.
We believe that speaking a language from day one is the fastest path to become fluent. As a Senior Designer at Tandem you will help to shape how the next generation of language learners reaches fluency.
- Working as part of an agile, cross-functional team of designers and developers to create delightful and easy-to-use solutions
- Building wireframes and transforming them into well thought-out, pixel perfect user interfaces for our Android & iOS apps as well as our website and blog, producing all design assets for our development team
- Carrying out design reviews
- Contributing to product strategy, vision and development
- Shaping our visual aesthetic and implementing a cohesive brand presence across all our products and platforms
- Designing marketing materials and ads
- You get things done
- You have 5+years of experience in UX and UI design, with a focus on mobile products
- You have a degree in design or a comparable education
- You can show off an impressive portfolio of work and project
- You are deeply familiar with iOS and Android user interface guidelines
- You have interactive prototyping skills and experience
- You live and breathe apps, constantly looking for new solutions
- You have strong skills in Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Sketch and Zeplin
- You are fluent in English (written and verbal)
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills
- You are self-motivated and organized
- The chance to join a friendly, highly experienced and exceptionally talented team early on
- Competitive remuneration
- An inspiring loft office in one of Europe’s start up hotspots in Berlin-Mitte
- Free access to our language teachers on Tandem
- Free choice of your IT setup
- Team lunches, excursions, drinks, great coffee, office snacks, etc.
- You’ll probably learn how to say “Hi” in 20 more languages…!
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send an email with your CV / resumé and salary expectations to email@example.com.