Tandem is the mobile community for learning languages. We believe that speaking a language from day one is the fastest way to become fluent. Our vision is a world where people are empowered to teach each other any language.
Tandem was named one of Google Play’s “Best Apps of 2017” and recognized as the only German app on the international list of Apple’s “Best Apps of 2015”. The app has been downloaded more than 5 million times and has members in over 200 countries.
We are a highly international and very experienced team, based in Berlin and backed by top European investors. As Tandem’s PR & Content Manager, you will be part of a team that is shaping how the next generation of language learners reaches fluency.
- Planning and implementing global PR strategy with Tandem’s CEO
- Daily outreach to media, bloggers and vloggers to spread the word about Tandem
- Planning and writing English blog posts and managing their localisation into other languages
- Managing Tandem’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Project managing Tandem’s video content
- English copywriting support for in-app texts, app store update texts and general proofreading
- 2+ years experience in a similar public relations or content role, preferably in consumer technology or education
- Native or native-level English speaker with top-notch written and spoken communication skills
- Experienced at driving brand narratives through social media and influencer outreach
- A natural storyteller, with plenty of ideas about how to get Tandem’s name out there
- A strong interest in wider online marketing topics, particularly SEO, ASO and social marketing
- A result-oriented approach to work, preferably with experience of working with OKRs
- A motivated, empathetic, driven team player, who enjoys work proactively and rolling sleeves up to make a difference
- Demonstrable interest in languages, with fluency in German and/or further languages a big plus
- The chance to join a friendly, highly experienced and exceptionally talented team early on
- Competitive remuneration
- An inspiring office at Rosenthaler Platz, in one of Berlin’s Startup hotspots
- German lessons in office and free access to our language tutors on Tandem
- Free choice of your IT setup
- Team lunches, excursions, drinks, great coffee, office snacks, etc.
- You’ll probably learn how to say “Hi” in 20 more languages
If this sounds like the right next step, we’d love to hear from you! Please send an email with your CV / resumé and salary expectations to email@example.com.