2-5 years, full-time, Berlin
Your role will be to
- Find new opportunities to help Tandem continue to grow, to retain and engage users, through data-driven innovation and continuous experimentation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of what drives growth, retention and engagement at Tandem, ensure that decision making on all levels is data-informed, and help the cross-functional team of engineers, designers, marketers and community managers to understand how millions of users are using Tandem and how we can make it even better for them.
- Oversee the entire experiment lifecycle, from ideation to testing to analysis to defining the final implementation, working directly with the Chief Product Officer.
- Source new growth, engagement and retention experiment ideas through exploratory user research, employing both qualitative and quantitative research methods, noticing data trends, drawing conclusions from monitoring feature metrics, and analyzing user feedback received through support tickets, app store reviews, surveys and social media channels, in constant exchange with community managers and marketers.
- Prioritize ideas together with the growth and product teams.
- Devise experiments to test ideas, enforcing experimental design best practices, create prototypes for user testing, scope MVPs, and provide requirements and user stories for designers and engineers.
- Own and manage the A/B testing efforts and maintain a steady cadence of live experiments.
- Analyze experiment results, share results and insights with the whole team, iterate based on learnings and define final implementations.
You are the right fit for the role if
- You are highly passionate about languages and their role in building bridges between cultures.
- You are a communicative team player with excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You may have a background in social sciences, software engineering, business, marketing, psychology, design, linguistics, and beyond.
- You are highly analytical and have a deep understanding of key metrics, statistical analyses, and tools used in product analytics, such as Amplitude or Mixpanel.
- You know how to gain knowledge about a global and diverse user community and make them the most important focus point for all decisions. You are familiar with common methods like building personas and customer journeys, and know agile product development techniques like communicating through user stories.
- You have hands-on experience with both quantitative and qualitative research. You can run A/B tests and are exceptional at analyzing, understanding and acting on data, and have the ability to facilitate user interviews, create and analyze surveys, and conduct usability testing.
- You have a proven track record in building product, preferably in a mobile and B2C environment that monetizes with a subscription business model.
- You are a conceptual thinker who loves to solve interesting, complex problems, and has the resilience and patience to work on problems until they are solved.
- You approach things with an agile mentality. You are able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and are quick to respond to changing situations.
- You have a proactive, independent way of working, and have demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurial spirit in the past.
- Bonus: You know SQL and have experience with R or statistical analytics tools like SPSS.
- Bonus: You have experience with UX research and UX design tools.
- Working on a meaningful, fast growing product that touches the lives of millions of people, with the chance to make a real difference for a passionate global community of learners.
- Join a friendly, highly experienced and exceptionally talented international team.
- Competitive remuneration.
- An inspiring office at Rosenthaler Platz in one of Berlin’s startup hotspots.
- German lessons in the office and free access to our language tutors on Tandem.
- Free choice of your IT setup.
- A great company culture with team lunches, excursions, drinks, great coffee, office snacks, board games etc.
- You’ll probably learn how to say “Hi” in 20 more languages.