Tandem is the first mobile language practicing community. Our vision is a world where people are empowered to teach each other any language. We are a highly international and very experienced team, backed by top European investors and have been recognized by Apple as the “Most Innovative iPad App of 2015” and as the only German app on the international list of the “Best Apps of 2015”.
We believe that speaking a language from day one is the fastest path to become fluent. As Tandem’s Fullstack Marketing Engineer you will help to shape how the next generation of language learners reaches fluency.
- As marketing developer within the engineering team at Tandem, you will lead the implementation of a new growth-related project
- Implementation of multiple growth and retention initiatives:
- Develop a new responsive web project (frontend / backend)
- Website optimization: SEO, A/B tests, performance optimization
- Programmatic push notifications and email campaigns
- Customize our multi-language blog and develop new bespoke features
- Perform custom analytics and build dashboards (using both inhouse and third party), analyze data using complex queries
- Work as part of a highly experienced engineering team using Scrum
- Work closely with the Global Head of Marketing (Product Owner)
- Fullstack (LAMP), JS
- Familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of marketing-related topics e.g. A/B testing, SEO, ASO, Performance & Social a distinct advantage
- Microservices/REST knowledge an advantage
- Analytical mindset and strong number sense, an interest in and experience with Business Intelligence a plus
- 1-2 years+ or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently, whilst being a great team player
- A thirst for knowledge and interested in growth topics & trends
- Interest in language learning a bonus
- Fluency in English a must, German & further languages a bonus but not essential
- The chance to join a friendly, highly experienced and exceptionally talented team early on
- Competitive remuneration
- An inspiring loft office in one of Berlin’s start up hotspots
- Free access to our language teachers on Tandem
- Free choice of your IT setup
- Team lunches, excursions, drinks, great coffee, office snacks, etc.
- You’ll probably learn how to say “Hi” in 20 more languages.
If this sounds like the right next step, we’d love to hear from you! Please send an email with your CV / resumé and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.