You can’t learn a language without speaking it! Tandem is the leading global language learning community that empowers everyone, everywhere to master any language.
Tandem was named one of Google Play’s “Best Apps of 2017” and recognized as the only German app on the international list of Apple’s “Best Apps of 2015.” The app has been downloaded more than 5 million times and has members in over 200 countries. As a Frontend Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building and scaling a consumer web app from scratch.
We are a highly international and very experienced team, based in Berlin and backed by top European investors.
Your role will be to…
- Build a state-of-the-art single page web application from scratch and expand Tandem beyond our award-winning Android and iOS apps
- Work closely with design and backend teams to develop a new, intuitive and highly scalable user interface
- Lead the frontend engineering of our web projects Support, expand and where appropriate refactor existing web pages and SEO content
- Integrate new frontend features with our backend infrastructure
You are the right fit for the role if:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in building high load web apps using modern frontend technologies
- You are highly proficient in JS (ES6), React.js, Redux, Angular2+ Typescript as well as HTLM5 / CSS
- You design your own extensible, high performance architectures and can demonstrate their merit to others
- You always bring a can-do attitude to work and like to see projects through to a pixel-perfect implementation
- You are experienced, structured, motivated and love to grow professionally within a team of highly skilled engineers
- You write clean, well-tested code
- You communicate effectively and transparently with both fellow engineers and non-technical team mates
- You enjoy learning from others and sharing your knowledge with the team
- You are always up to date with the latest tech trends
It would be a big plus if:
- You have worked with CI using Docker and Kubernetes
- You have worked with WordPress plugins and CMS systems
- You are familiar with the latest SEO best practices
- You contribute own ideas to our agile product and development process
- You bring a strong sense of UX considerations and an eye for design
- You have worked in backend development for at least a year
- You have amazing side projects and open source contributions to show off
- The chance to join a friendly, highly experienced and exceptionally talented team
- Competitive remuneration
- Full support with relocation and visa process
- An inspiring office at Rosenthaler Platz in one of Berlin’s startup hotspots
- Experience a high-caliber engineering environment in a fast growing but already profitable company
- German lessons in the office and free access to our language tutors on Tandem
- Free choice of your IT setup Team lunches, excursions, drinks, great coffee, office snacks, board games etc.
- You will probably learn how to say “Hi” in 20 more languages
If this sounds like the right next step, we’d love to hear from you! Please send an email with your CV / resumé and salary expectations to email@example.com.