tandem is the first mobile language practicing community. Our vision is a world where people are empowered to teach each other any language. We are a highly international and very experienced team, backed by top European investors and have recently been recognized by Apple as the “Most Innovative iPad App of 2015” and as the only German app on the international list of the “Best Apps of 2015”.
We believe that speaking a language from day one is the fastest path to become fluent. As tandem’s Software Development Manager you will help to shape how the next generation of language learners reaches fluency.
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO…
- Act as the Scrum Master for two cross functional teams (six engineers, two designers).
- Work closely with the Product Team to facilitate ongoing communication, to define concepts and formalizes user stories. You will report to and work closely with the co-founder and product owner.
- Create and track development tickets all the way to completion.
- Take responsibility for acceptance testing and QA. Build a QA organization as the company grows.
- Manage the localization of in-app and marketing texts, by working closely with a team freelancers copywriters to ensure consitent high standards
- Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities and work styles.
YOU’LL BE IDEAL FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU…
- Have at least two years experience in a comparable position,
- Bring outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to the job, as an integral part of a diverse, cross functional team. You not just fluent in English but also comfortable to ensure smooth communication between our software, product and design teams,
- Are highly structured and detail orientated. You are passionate about pixel-perfect execution of complex features and thinking ahead to anticipate bottlenecks before anyone else,
- A deep understanding of agile software development principles, esp. Scrum.
- Impressive knowledge of mobile design patterns (e.g. material design, flat design) and mobile software.
- You stay calm and focussed under pressure
- Ideally you have a background in software developement yourself.
- The chance to join a friendly, highly experienced and exceptionally talented team early on
- Competitive remuneration
- An inspiring loft office in one of Berlin’s Startup hotspots
- German classes available in the office and free access to our language teachers on tandem
- Free choice of your IT setup
- Team lunches, excursions, drinks, great coffee, office snacks, etc.
- You’ll probably learn how to say “Hi” in 20 more languages.
If this sounds like the right next step for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send an email with your CV / Resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org